Welcome To Lazarus

Instead of a "BANG", humanity is passing away with the shuffling of dead feet, and hungry moans. Desperate men and women fight against the rising tide for the newly risen dead.Sometimes, though, the undead are not he most dangerous things out there. Civilization has failed the test; the only thing left is survival.

Lazarus is just one of many places where humanity holds on by a thread, and life and death come as easily as a roll of the dice.

Friday, October 14, 2011

More 15mm(ish) Cars

I was digging around in my bit box for some things.  Way down at the bottom of it, I found some 15mm(ish) vehicles.  I don't remember where they came from.  I'm thinking they were from a car hauler that I used for another project, or maybe they came in an E-Bay purchase I got many moons ago.  Anyway, I remember throwing them in the bit box, because they looked bad and I couldn't use them; cheap looking, the tires were WAY to small, and I was doing 20mm at the time.

With my current emphasis on 15mm in mind, I dug them out to see if I could come up with anything.  The tires; the tires were still a problem.  I looked around a bit more and came up with a solution.  I cut the wheels off some of the left over, out of scale vehicles from my previous vehicle project and replaced the tires.  It worked better than I imagined it would.  So, here I am with some rather unique 15mm vehicles; an extended cab pick-up, a VW Beetle, and Jeep Commander looking SUV:


Additionally, there was a truck that was missing the glass, for some reason. I mulled ideas around and came up with this; a burned out vehicle:

Those are the original tires, painted to look like rims.

4 comments:

  1. Those vehicles look great. I followed the link to the previous post using the Toobs set. That was very well done. I especially like what you did with the police cars, van and UPS van. I think the wheel swap came out very well, also. You don't happen to have a pic of the new vehicles before the wheel swap, do you? It would be nice to see the change from before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckyjoe,
    Unfortunately, the closest pic I have to the original is the burnt out truck. Imagine it in a shiny, plastic orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup can imagine what they looked like nice job with the new tyres....

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great,how did you get the burnt out effect??

    ReplyDelete